Not bad, like last part
Unfortunately, I have found quite a lot of bugs and problems this time.
But let's start with the good things in here, shall we?
Well, for once the gameplay and battle system are really nice, and though the graphics aren't the best, they are still nice. Also, it was interesting to see an ATB system in battle, since it makes battles a lot more interesting since you or the enemy can attack more per "round" than usually with a turn based battle system.
(My only problem is I wanted to use it for my own RPG and now it'll look like I have stolen it. xD; )
I also like the inclusion of a limit bar and thus limit breaks (or however you want to call this).
Though I have some problems with them:
1) If I'm not wrong, they seem to be based on physical attacks, so, in case you have a magician with an attack power of 1, you won't do a lot of damage.
So, in case I'm not wrong and it is like this already, please make limit breaks based on physical AND magical attack power.
2) You should be able to choose whether to attack normally or use your limit break. This way, you can save it for a boss fight or harder enemies without having to use magic all the time.
Some other problems are that:
1) There is no story (for now. I hope there to be one in the full game) other than "get me this, get me that".
2) It takes too long to recruit party members (at least in my opinion. I prefer story based party members over random recruitable ones, anyway, so this might only be a problem I have)
3) The newly recruited party members don't have stats being adjusted to the player's level/ their stats are completely week. I'd also suggest the player being able to level them up himself once they are recruited (so, when you get them at level 10, you should be able to spend all the points you could have spent if you had them since level 1) or the stats just being adjusted properly for each character individually (for example, my 3rd character was so slow, he wasn't able to attack once in a battle needing several rounds)
4) All the enemies give the same experience (at least up to where I was), making it incredibly hard to level up later on. The only reason to change your targeted enemies is the items they drop.
5) Your Triple Triad clone is still a bit bugged (for example does the enemy's first card disappear without appearing on the field some times)
To get to the more problematic bugs:
1) I can't level up speed in the level up menu. It works fine in the normal menu, though.
2) Whenever you try to recruit a new party member, the only way to leave the recruit text screen is by playing a card game against them.
3) Whenever an optional character levels up, the level up buttons appear at both optional characters' stats. The one not having leveled up doesn't have any points to spend, though.
4) Whenever you go into a submenu (like map) and return to the normal one, the stats of your optional characters are shown to be 9999. This also happens to your main char if you go into the magic submenu. The stats are normal again if you leave the menu completely, and the wrong stats don't seem to have any effect altogether.
5) I unequipped Zyle's Orb once and couldn't give it back to him due to him being too low leveled and thus had to reload the game or to fight with a completely weak mage.
That are all the problems and bugs I could find in this BETA.
Even with those bugs (since they are mostly minor ones) the game with quite fun, though I wouldn't call it "Axion RPG 2" rather than "Axion RPG 1.5", since quite a lot of the screens and characters have been reused etc.
But nevertheless, I hope to see the finished product soon. ^^
(Hopefully with a fix to what I said in "problems 3 & 4" ^^)
Wow epic bug report thanks!!!
have a cheat code for your hard work!!
"warrenbuff" - enter as characters name = play as the axion equivalent of Warren Buffett, therefore giving you 44 billion gold!
There's some more cheats (they also work in axion 1 I just never got round to publicizing them)
but I'll save them to encourage more people to give detailed feedback! + give them out for helpful reports like this :D
But there are some things bothering me not mentioned by other people by now.
For once, I wanted to start as a magician, so I spent all my points on magic and mp, but once I had started the game, I found out, that you don't have any spells at the beginning of the game, and since you earn money really slowly, it takes a while until you can afford a spell.
So, one or maybe two spells at the beginning would be nice.
Secondly, the level up system. It's great that you can spend points at the stat you want to, but only one point per level? But therefor every new level +1 at every stat? In my opinion, it would be better if you could spend all the points like you want to.
Third, when one of my party members was dead, I wanted to revive him at the healing place in the first city. So, I went there, healed my party and went back outside the town to fight a bit. The battle screen appeared, but, though everyone was back to full health, my character was still "dead", so he didn't appear at the battle screen. Luckily, dad was able to use a revive spell on my character, so he could be revived, but if dad would have been the dead one, I couldn't have revived him until I had enough money to buy a revive spell. And since I hadn't found a place to revive dead people, I assume, the healing fountain should have revived my dead party member.
Well, that's all the "bugs" and problems I can think of.
All in all, this game is worth playing.
thanks for the feedback, interesting points :)
This demo is really awesome!
Too bad it can't be finished...
I really liked that there are 2.5d and 2d gameplay elements.
But there was one thing I've missed: having extra lives.
But even without them this game is awesome.
that's one of the best games i ever played.
even the animation when the player chrashes is nearly realistic.
Thank you, I have a kinda realistic physics-engine, glad to hear it works out fine!
this flash is really hard and really great. i sat half an hour and tried to get all upgrades, but everytime my base was completely destroyed (exept the main building).
Not a bad game...
... but at the beginning, it was TOO easy and in the end, it was too hard.
And in the end, my attacks were that fast, they missed the enemies!
But all in all it is a good game.
it's a really great flash, hope you'll get more ChuckNorris facts, so you can make another generator.
i was thinking of making another one.
i think i might now have a new project =D
like the others
there are so many mouse-games and in my opinion is this not better than the others.
i think it would be better, if you try to make other flashgames.
Thanks, did you even open it, or just assume, just because i have a game just like some other people that it sucks, i put my time into this for your entertaintment, but you just treat it like crap because there are others like it. Thanks man, thanks alot, what ever.
This is a really great game! I hope the final game is finished earlier than octobre.
And it would be great when the player could see the cards he already got in an extra menu.
But it´s a super good game ^^
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.